Education and Resources
UBCH CARD holds an annual public forum (see below) to update our clinic patients, families, and the public on the current research on dementia. Our faculty has frequently provided advice and expert comments to the media regarding the newest discoveries in AD and dementia.
As part of the UBCH CARD strategy, our researchers, clinicians and staff have committed to engaging directly with our community of patients and their families. Our goal is to ensure we are meeting your needs through clear communication and openness. As part of this commitment to engagement, we invite you to view the talks from our most recent community events.
2018 Alzheimer Update
Stay tuned...videos will be posted soon!
Watch the 2017 Forum
The following talks took place on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at the 2017 Alzheimer Update at UBC.
- Dr. Haakon Nygaard "Opening Remarks and Update of Clinical Trials in Alzheimer's"
- Dr. Neil Cashman "Dementia and Prions: Opportunities for Treatment?"
- Dr. David Vocadlo "O-GlcNAc as a Novel Treatment for Alzheimer's Disease"
- Dr. Teresa Liu-Ambrose "Exercise to Minimize Progression of Mild Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults"
- Dr. Mari DeMarco "Biofluid Testing for Alzheimer's"
- Q & A #1
- Dr. Dean Foti "Negotiating a Bump in the Road: Driving Assessment"
- Dr. Ging-Yuek Robin Hsiung "Myths or Miracles? A Review of Dementia Headlines from 2016"
- Dr. Julie Robillard "Untangling the Web:Making the Most of Online Dementia Resources"
- Maria Howard "Leading a Community of Courage: Insights from the AD Society of BC"
- Q & A #2
Watch the 2016 Forum
The following talks took place on Saturday, January 30, 2016 at the 2016 Alzheimer Update at UBC.
- Dr. Philip Lee "Healthy Brain Aging"
- Dr. Teresa Liu-Ambrose "Exercise and the Prevention and Treatment of Alzheimer Disease"
- Maria Howard "Dementia Friendly Communities"
- Dr. Julie Robillard "Priorities in Patient Engagement"
- Q & A #1
- Dr. Cheryl Wellington "Why Fats Matter: Good for the Heart, Good for the Brain"
- Dr. Robin Hsiung " Music Therapy in Alzheimer Disease"
- Dr. Haakon Nygaard "Current Clinical Trials in Alzheimer Disease"
- Q & A #2
- Dr. Howard Feldman "Closing Remarks"
Watch the 2015 Forum
The following talks took place on Saturday, January 31, 2015 at the 2015 Alzheimer Update at UBC.